• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Humidor came today

basso4735

So my first humidor was dropped off by ups today. I bought it from taboo cigars and got a great deal on it. I dont have any pictures of it yet because my digital camera is out of batteries at the moment. This is the one though: http://www.taboocigars.com/product.sc?cate...mp;productId=51

It looks beautiful and is even bigger than I thought it was going to be. I have a shot glass of distilled water sitting in it right now, which I put in this morning. My hygroset hygrometer is in the calibration pack, and should be ready by tomorrow.

My heartfelt beads are itching to make the voyage into the humidor as well.

At the moment the only smokes that will be entering are the 2 Padron 2000s I have left. I did place a bid on cbid today(5 Vegas Gold No.1) and I can't wait until I can start filling her up!

:thumbs:

So are you going to put that humidor inside your real humidor? :p

J/K bro, congrats on the humi. Those 2000s are a good first smoke to move in :)

If your going to hang around here your going to need a bigger box

Someone might just blow that thing up. Good start. Give you a month before you are looking for bigger one.

My hygrometer has been in the calibration packet it came with since yesterday at about 10am, which is about 31 hours. The humidity is reading at 68% right now, and hasn't gone any higher ever. Is it safe to say that it is 7% off and I should adjust it? It seems to be pretty far off, but im not sure if that is normal or anything.

My hygrometer has been in the calibration packet it came with since yesterday at about 10am, which is about 31 hours. The humidity is reading at 68% right now, and hasn't gone any higher ever. Is it safe to say that it is 7% off and I should adjust it? It seems to be pretty far off, but im not sure if that is normal or anything.

One last thing I would recommend you do is to place your calibration pack with the hygro in it, inside another ziploc bag, just to make sure your calibration bag isn't leaking at all. Give it another 8-12 hours, and then make your adjustment up to 75%, and let it go for another 12 hours after that. I know it's probably overkill, but I prefer the better safe than sorry approach. After you are done with that, go ahead and order your 200 ct humidor so that you can have it set up by the time you outgrow that one. :D

Trust me, I just got mine in yesterday after outgrowing my 50ct in just over a month.

ok, i did adjust it, but i put it back in the calibration pack and inside another ziplock to make sure the adjustment was right. Ill let it sit overnight and make any adjustments needed tomorrow morning.

Those calibration packets, if it's the brand I think it is, are pretty damned reliable. So if it doesn't change after you try what Bsneed says I think you have to adjust. But 7% seems to be a bit off from what a new hygro should be showing.

What brand is it and where did you get it? If you don't want to post....PM me.

Those calibration packets, if it's the brand I think it is, are pretty damned reliable. So if it doesn't change after you try what Bsneed says I think you have to adjust. But 7% seems to be a bit off from what a new hygro should be showing.

My hygroset, that I got from Viper, was off 6%. After adjusting it up, and letting it set in the Boveda bag inside another ziploc for another 12 hours and it was still reading 75%. I didn't like that it was that far off, but I guess that's why I bought an adjustable one. I'm hoping it won't cause me a problem down the road, but I also bought 3 oz of beads, and one of the the bead pucks so I'm pretty sure I feel comfortable with everything.

Give me a week and I'm planning on posting pics of my humi, and it's contents. (I know, that just puts you on the edge of your seat.)

Well I adjusted it up 7%, because it was reading 68% in the bag. After sitting in the bag inside another ziplock, its up to 77%. Obviously something was wrong with the bag, and it should have read at least 2% higher. Ill let this sit overnight to see what it says.

It looks beautiful and is even bigger than I thought it was going to be. I have a shot glass of distilled water sitting in it right now, which I put in this morning. My hygroset hygrometer is in the calibration pack, and should be ready by tomorrow.

:thumbs:

I'm a noob too in the forum and in the hobby. I have to tell you that when I started buying cigars and store them to my first humidor I was feeling great. A week after that I ended up buying another one because I got spoiled! :) If you can get spoiled without harm your pocket do it! It feels great hehehe.

Take care and be spoiled ;)

It is still reading at 77%, so Im going to adjust it 2 clicks down. Overall it was a 5% adjustment, if this works. After the adjustment ill let it sit until tonight and see how its reading.

sent you a pm Brickhouse.

sent you a pm Brickhouse.

Yep, I got it. It sounds to me like you're all over it. After the adjustments if it continues to read a solid 75%, then you're golden bro.

I'd have faith in that calibration packet.

Will do, thanks. Im going to let it sit overnight in the pack to make sure its still reading correctly. Tomorrow I will put the hygro in my humi and see how that is seasoning.